June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robert!




Warning: horrible picture quality - I had to take it with the flash on.

I put together this collage for my step-dad tonite. He found and cut-out the pilot picture from an old magazine, and asked me to use it in a collage for him. He also came up with the words he wanted on the collage: Final Approach. Flaps down - Ready to land. I used my new Twinkling H2O watercolors to paint the background and made the clouds from torn mulberry paper. I found the trees on the horizon in a couple different ads in an old National Geographic and added the modern plane cutout. The pilot is not quite as rippled as it appears in this picture - that must be from the glass and the flash. The finishing touch was to add a little color to the pilot with my Prismacolor pencils. He's got a green hat and strap, and blue eyes now. Hope Robert likes it!

No comments: